Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Bryant Classic


Today started out early at the Work house.. None of us could sleep in late in anticipation for the softball tournament games today... The rain held off long enough for us to get 2 games in... We played our first game at 9am and lost to the Benton Panther Cubs 5-10.. I was sooo proud of our girls in that game though... The Cubs are a 2nd year team and one of the best in the conference.. And they didn't spank us!!! We held our on....My Hannah made a double play in that game too!! She caught a pop fly (in the air) something she's never done before, and ran to first base to get the other runner out too!!!!! I've never been so proud of someone in my whole life!!! I was the loudest out there when that happened..... They goofed up the line-up and forgot to put Hannah on it, so she had to bat last and only got to hit one time in that game, but she made it count....Hayleigh was being a toot, so we went home after that game and Dave and Hannah went back up there to watch a few games until their next one.... They then played the LadyBugs again at noon... We got our revenge from last night and whooped them 9-3!!!! After that the games got rained out, so we will meet the Heartbreakers for the lower championship game tomorrow at 3pm.... Go Dirt Diamonds!!!!! Our girls have played sooo good!!! So the worst we can do is 2nd place, and that ain't too shabby in my book!! When Hannah and Dave got home we took some naps and then got up and went over to Dale and Shanna's so the kids could play together... I showed Shanna how to GIMP now, so she will be designing real soon!!! We had pizza for supper and now are home and have had our baths and are getting ready for bed... I know one little girl who is TIRED!!!! Goodnight...

1 comments:

David and Shannon Work said...

I'm proud of my Dirt Diamonds! I hope you guys do your best tomorrow in championship game!! I love you Hannah Rose!!