Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Sad Day For Our Family




I got the shock of my life Saturday morning.. My mom called and said that my PaPaw J.C. had died.. He was fine when he got up that morning, but my NaNa found him later in his favorite chair with the t.v. remote still in his hand... I have to ask WHY? Why this way? Why did no one have a chance to say goodbye? I hate if for me, but I really hate it for my girls.. He loved those girls soooo much... And he was so proud of Hannah and her softball.. He was even planning a trip up here next weekend to watch her play in a tournament.. I guess he'll be watching, just in a different way.... I don't know how to feel right now.. I've cried so much since yesterday, I don't know if I have any more tears left... His funeral is on Tuesday at 2pm in Locust Bayou.. I'm sure that there will be many, many people that will come to pay their respect... My pop was a very loved man... He was a godly man and I know that he is in heaven now, but I'm very selfish and want him back here with me and my girls.... I don't know when this feeling will get better, but I hope it is soon..... I'm not good with all of this, but I'm sure not most people are.... I love you Pop wherever you are now..... And I'm going to make sure that those girls alway remember what a wonderful PaPaw they had and how much he loved his girls.......

4 comments:

The Turbyfill Family said...

Shannon- I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I remember meeting him at one of Hannah's b-day parties (the princess party) very sweet man! I will be praying for you and your family! Love ya-
Kristie

Jodie said...

Shan- He loved you so much. He and Nana would have put their life on the line for you anyday, that is how much you put that sparkle in their life. And when you birthed Hannah & Hayleigh, you added that much LIFE to both of their souls. He was so proud of you. Know that this isn't the end, and it hurts so much now. But I pray that pain will subside soon and you'll begin to look to that day that the pain will not matter anymore and daddy & PawPaw JC will be anxiously awaiting on us. Hard to imagine right now, I know. But they are simply getting things ready for us there :-)

I love you. I can't wait to see the girls on Tuesday. Call me if you feel like crying. I'm here.

dswright said...

I am so shocked. I wish I could make it better for you. Your job now is to make sure that he is NEVER forgotten. The girls will always know that he loved them and you. Call me when you can talk...Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oi. Parabéns pelo excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer um pouco do Brasil. Abração